B.A. in Korean for Professionals
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Acceptance into UHM, including current UHM students, transfer students, and incoming freshmen
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Minimum proficiency of Intermediate-mid (as defined by ACTFL) or Level 1 (as defined by ILR) in Korean. We will conduct a 30-minute Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) with all applicants.
- A completed UHM Admissions Application Form with the nonrefundable application fee. The online application is available at http://apply.hawaii.edu/.
- Incoming freshmen only: Official SAT-I or ACT test scores (College codes: SAT-I/4867, ACT/0902)
- (a) Incoming freshmen: Official high school transcript
(b) Transfer students: Official transcript from all colleges and universities attended
- A completed UHM KLFC BA application form
- A five- to ten-page academic writing sample
- Two letters of recommendation written in English and printed on the recommender's institutional letterhead
Deadline & Mailing Addresses
- I. For incoming freshmen and transfer students: For fall admission, the priority deadline is February 1, and the regular deadline is May 1.
- (1) should be submitted online.
- (2) and (3) should be sent to the UHM Admissions and Records Office.
- (3) through (6) should be sent to the KLFC.
II. For current UHM students: For fall admissions, the deadline is May 1.
(1) and (2) need not be submitted.
(3) through (6) should be sent to the KLFC.
UHM Admissions and Records Office
Center for Student Services
2600 Campus Road, Room 001
Honolulu, HI 96822, U.S.A.
Korean Language Flagship Center
University of Hawai’i at Manoa
1859 East-West Road, Suite 110
Honolulu, HI 96822
For more information, please contact:
Professor Sang Yee Cheon
Phone: (808) 956-8020
Fax: (808) 956-9515