Home   >  Admissions  > M.A. in Korean  >  Application

M.A. in Korean for Professionals


Special note to students who completed the non-degree, post-baccalaureate program from 2005 through 2008:

According to standing policy, UHM Graduate Division can accept your application to the MA program as a “returnee” student only through 2012-2013 (with admission in Fall 2012). After 2012-2013, if you choose to apply, you will complete the two-year MA degree program as any other incoming new student.



U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is not required, and applications are welcome from students who meet the following two requirements:


  1. A completed UHM graduate application form with the nonrefundable application fee. The online application is available at http://apply.hawaii.edu.
  2. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, showing all degrees conferred
  3. GRE scores (College code 4867)
  4. A completed UHM KLFC MA Application form
  5. Three letters of recommendation written in English and printed on the recommender's institutional letterhead

Deadline & Mailing Addresses

  • (1) should be submitted online.
  • (2) and (3) should be sent to the UHM Graduate Admissions Office.
  • (4) through (5) should be sent to the KLFC.

Graduate Admissions Office
University of Hawai'i at Manoa
2540 Maile Way, Spalding 354
Honolulu, HI 96822


Korean Language Flagship Center
University of Hawai'i at Manoa
1859 East-West Road, Suite 110
Honolulu, HI 96822

For more information, please contact:

Professor DongKwan Kong
Phone: (808) 956-4792
Fax: (808) 956-6026
E-mail: dongkwan@hawaii.edu

MA in Korean  >  Description  |  Curriculum  |  Application  |  Financial Aid